Understanding cybersecurity, threats, and ways to mitigate your risks is critical, along with understanding what the cybersecurity landscape looks like today. As threats and attacks are continuously changing, let’s learn more about cybersecurity, what is looks like today, and how CyberFin can help.
What is cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity encompasses the practices of defending computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks and data from cybercriminals and malicious attacks. From business to mobile computing, common categories of cybersecurity include:
- Network security is the practice of securing a computer network from intruders, targeted attackers and malware.
- Application security keeps software and devices free from threats where applications could provide direct access to the data it is designed to protect.
- Information security protects the privacy and integrity of data in both storage and transit.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity define how a business will respond to any cybersecurity event, or any other incident where a loss of operations or data occurs.
- End-user education is the most important, which focuses on the unpredictable: people. Even the most experienced users can inadvertently introduce a virus.
What’s happening today?
Globally, cyber threats continue to evolve at a rapid pace and the number of data breeches is rising each year. In the first nine months of 2019, 7.9 billion records were exposed by data breeches, as reported by Risk Based Security, and is more than double the number of records exposed in the same time period in 2018.
Are there industries that are more susceptible? Malicious cybercriminals seek out businesses who collect financial and medical data, but any business can be a target for their customer data. No industry is protected. With the scale of cyber threats continuing to rise, worldwide spending on cybersecurity solutions is predicted by the International Data Corporation to reach $133.7 billion by 2022.
CyberFin has responded to these rising cyber threats by providing solutions to implement effective cybersecurity practices that provides continuous, real-time monitoring of all electronic resources to counter the latest cybersecurity threats.
Not sure where to start? Sign-up for a no-obligation Cybersecurity Self-Check Session today. In this 30-minute session, we will review your current configuration and implementation of cyber technology, tools and talent; a cyber assessment of current and past activity; and review current policies in place. After your session, you will receive a score and checklist that outlines a framework and timeline to secure your business and customers.
CyberFin is a cybersecurity Next-Gen MSSP. CyberFin actively manages the systems and data to keep out cyber criminals and provide guidance and tools for staying compliant. We have our own hand-picked tools, proprietary technology and in-house experts managing all of it for our customers. We are a holistic approach to keeping the cyber criminals and fines out of your office. Contact us today to learn more.